Something good to eat! Yes please, maybe some lentils and salsa tacos.
I love lentils, they are nutritious, versatile and super easy to prepare. Unlike other beans, they do not require pre-soaking. Cooking lentils is as easy as rinse, boil and season. Rinse, combine one-part lentils to two parts water and cook for about 25 minutes. In this recipe I cooked two cups of lentils; it is that easy. Now season your lentils…
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 medium sweet onion diced
• 2 cloves of garlic diced
• 1 tablespoon of mustard
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan
2. Sauté mustard, cumin and cardamom for 3 seconds
3. Add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes
4. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste
6. Turn off heat and add cooked lentils
To serve, add lentils to a warm tortilla, I topped it with salsa. This recipe can be modified using your choice of spices and toppings. It is as tasty as it is filling.